Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) #1359
deVries Counselling Group
Port Moody, BC
Education and Experience
Nancy deVries, Director of deVries Counselling Group, has over 25 years of experience working with children, adolescents, families, individuals, and couples.
Early in her career, she worked in community and private counselling organizations and later opened deVries Counselling Group in Port Moody.
Nancy’s training is as follows:
- Masters of Counselling Psychology from UBC
- Parent-Child Attachment Therapy training, helping parents create strong bonds with their children
- ADHD, Learning Differences and Gifted Learners
- Occupational Awareness Training: First Responder Level I and II
- EMDR Therapy Level I and II
- Sand Play therapy
Nancy specializes in:
- Learning and behavioral challenges with children, teens and adults with ADHD & Giftedness
- Parent-Child relationships
- Mind-Body focussed therapy using EMDR and Sand Play Therapy
- Family and multigenerational relationship work
- Anxiety and trauma
Nancy is also passionate about teaching and offers clinical supervision to new and veteran counsellors.
Nancy is a warm, compassionate and competent therapist. She’s practical and down to earth and quickly connects with her clients, helping them feel comfortable and safe in the therapy process.
Nancy believes everyone matters and deserves to be heard. At times, we all need support, help and guidance.
Family is core to Nancy’s work with children, individuals and couples. She helps people appreciate the dynamics that happen in families and how to shift their patterns of relating to one another so each person can be authentic and real.
Helping people find their truth and express it is Nancy’s passion. She appreciates her clients’ trust in her as she joins them in their personal journeys.
Nancy is well connected in her community and collaborates with teachers, administrators and other professionals involved with the children and families she sees.
In addition to her extensive professional experience, Nancy knows first-hand what it’s like to have Gifted family members and those who struggle with ADHD, anxiety and depression.
Nancy is happily married and the parent of two teenagers, and knows both the joys and the challenges of family life.