Helping You Develop Confidence and Build Strong Connections
To offer you a safe place to heal, grow and flourish.
Our Philosophy and Values
Attachment is the connection we have to others. And it starts with family.
From an early age, our relationships form our view of the world. We want to feel safe, seen and supported as children, teens and adults.
Throughout our work with you, we keep these critical connections in mind. We help you build trust, safety and intimacy in your current relationships, both inside your family and outside in your community.
Healthy attachment is at the core of our work with you.
We believe a safe, supportive relationship with a skilled professional who truly listens is transformational.
Discovering your courage and developing your insight helps you speak your truth and be your best.
We understand how big a step it is to open up to a therapist and ask for help. We take our relationship with you and your trust seriously.
In addition to being warm and compassionate, we are:
- Collaborative: Together, we weave your needs and goals along with our experience and ideas to get you where you want to be.
- Community Minded: When necessary, we communicate with schools, parents and other professionals such as occupational therapists and physicians. It is important that we advocate for the children and teens we see.
- Team-Based: When your family needs extra support, we recommend a therapeutic team approach. Several of our skilled therapists work with different family members and then collaborate to meet the total needs of your family.
Our Therapy Approach and Methods
Child, Teen, and Adult Therapy
We’re trained in the most effective and evidence-based methods of counselling. A few of the key approaches we use are described below:
- Attachment-based Interventions, such as Modified Interaction Guidance (MIG) and Emotion-Focused Family Therapy. These focus on strengthening the relationship between you and your child, or you and your partner.
- Expressive Art therapies such as play therapy, art therapy, and sand tray therapy are particularly effective when working with children and teens. They can also be helpful when used with adults and families.
- Skills development for learning and processing challenges such as ADD/ADHD, Executive Functioning problems, Sensorimotor challenges, and Giftedness. We conduct an initial assessment and will advise you on more comprehensive assessment when needed.
- Cognitive Behavourial Therapy (CBT) focuses on teaching you to replace negative thinking with a more positive mindset.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) to help resolve stressful and traumatic events.
In couples therapy, we teach you and your partner communication skills and help build trust, intimacy and safety in your relationship.
You’ll learn how to relate consciously with each other, love deeply and transform conflict and distance into healing, growth and connection.
Our couples therapists use evidence-based methods such as:
- Gottman Method of Couples Therapy
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
Parent and Family Counselling
We show you effective parenting skills and help your family of any size and constellation, navigate tension and struggle.
We have training in and use the following approaches for working with parents and families:
- Child-Parent Attachment Therapy (Modified Interaction Guidance)
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy
- Bowen Family Systems Therapy
- Satir Systemic Therapy
First Responder Counselling
We understand some of the challenges that first responders face.
Having completed Occupational Awareness Training for supporting first responders, our therapists provide counselling to first responders, their partners and children.
If you want help in overcoming stress, anxiety, depression or relationship struggles, we have a specialized therapist who can help you feel better about yourself and your life.
Our child, adolescent and parent therapists are highly trained and experienced in supporting your child to grow and evolve.
Working with us, you can create more peace and harmony in your family.
We offer sessions in person and via teleconference.