Heal Your Pain and Create a More Loving Relationship
Our skilled and caring Port Moody couples therapists can help revive your relationship…
When you met your partner, you were probably deeply in love. You seemed right for each other.
You may have noticed small differences, but they were not enough to discourage you from committing to the relationship.
No relationship is perfect, after all!
Over time, small differences eventually turned into big ones. It’s gotten to the point where you don’t seem to see eye to eye on many things.
Or – perhaps you don’t argue anymore. You live with almost a silent tension between you. Or, you relate to each other more like friends instead of lovers.
You’re hurting… or maybe you feel empty and exhausted.
You’re likely frustrated and discouraged.
You can’t continue this way.
You need the help of a skilled couples therapist to put your relationship back together before it is too late.
Do you resonate with any of these statements? If so, our couples therapists have the training and skills to help:
- “We’re stuck in the same conflicts over and over.”
- “I don’t feel heard or cared for.”
- “I don’t trust my partner with other women (or men).”
- “There is so much distance between us that we hardly speak to one another.”
- “We don’t fight, but we’re more like roommates than intimate partners. We lack passion.”
- “There’s been a betrayal, perhaps an affair or other breach of trust.”
- “Our sex life is not fulfilling or is nonexistent.”
- “I’m scared that we’re going to break up if things don’t improve soon.”
At deVries Counselling Group, our couples therapists help you overcome relationship pain, develop a closer bond, and renew your commitment to one another.
We offer couples counselling for all relationship concerns, including pre-marital counselling, the stress of being new parents, cross-cultural issues, infidelity, and separation & divorce.
Our couples counsellors are skilled in some of the latest methods of couples therapy that are backed by scientific research such as the Gottman Method of Couples Therapy and Imago Relationship Therapy.
The Gottman Method was developed by John Gottman, who has been conducting research on divorce prediction and stability in marriages for over 40 years with over 90% accuracy.
Harville Hendrix and his partner Helen Hunt co-created Imago Relationship Therapy to promote the transformation of couples and families.
Both approaches increase a sense of safety, trust and connection between partners.
Guided by Gottman’s research and the Imago methods of couples counselling, we can help you overcome your relationship problems and create a more loving, stable connection.
Whether you need a relationship overhaul or a tune-up in a few areas, our couples therapists have extensive experience to help you create a secure and lasting relationship or marriage.
Comments from our clients after attending marriage or couples therapy:
- “The pain in our relationship has healed.” We’ve forgiven each other for our past hurts.”
- “Our trust has deepened. We’re so much closer now.”
- “Finally, we have the skills to resolve our differences. I wish we would have learned these years ago!”
- “Wow! The passion in our relationship has sure heated up.”
- “We’ve re-committed to each other and look forward to a happy future together.”
Heal your relationship pain.
Fall in love all over again.
Develop a more secure and committed relationship.
Ready to get started?
Please contact us for a brief phone conversation.
Together, we’ll determine how one of our therapists can help you get your relationship back on track.