Counselling Can Help Your Child or Teen to Resolve Problems, Heal and Grow…
Our Port Moody Child and Teen Counsellors are Committed to Helping Your Child Become More Secure, Confident and Responsible
When your child is having emotional or behavior problems, it’s very concerning – especially if you’ve tried everything you can think of to solve the issues, but nothing has worked.
It breaks your heart to see your child or teen struggle.
You may not understand why your child is having difficulties now, which leaves you feeling confused and maybe inadequate as a parent.
You worry about your child’s future if things don’t turn around soon.
As a parent, you may be saying some of these things about your child or adolescent:
- “My child is out of control. She doesn’t listen to me at all. I’m worried because it gets worse every day.”
- “I’m concerned that my child seems withdrawn and has low self-esteem.”
- “I need help for my child who has learning challenges, sensorimotor issues, or who has struggles due to being gifted.”
- “My child is isolated and doesn’t have many friends.”
- “I’m troubled by how aggressive my child is with his peers.”
- “My child or teen is being bullied.”
- “I think my teen is drinking too much and smoking a lot of weed, what do I do?”
- “My child is not adjusting well to our separation or divorce.”
Our Therapists Help Your Child or Adolescent Resolve Challenging Feelings, Which Helps Improve Difficult Behaviors
Our therapists at deVries Counselling Group have specialized skills and tools to help your child or adolescent work through their emotions, which in turn helps alleviate stress, anxiety, and fears.
Once your child resolves the feelings that are bothering them, you’ll notice that they start to feel better about themselves, listen better, and behave more appropriately.
Our child and adolescent therapists are also proficient in working with children who have learning difficulties, sensorimotor sensitivities, or challenges related to being gifted.
What is more, many of our therapists have personal experience with challenging children and teens in their own families.
We use a range of therapeutic approaches and tools that are designed specifically for helping children and teenagers.
Our therapists also provide support to you as a parent and to other family members, if required.
Here is What Parents Have Said About the counselling We Provided to Their Child or Teen:
- “My child is more content and happier.”
- “My teenager is more approachable and respectful.”
- “It’s amazing how much better my child is behaving. Temper tantrums are now non-existent.”
- “My child is calmer and less aggressive with others.”
- “I’m thrilled that my child’s social skills have improved.”
- “My teen has learned to advocate for herself more in school and at home. I love it!”
- “Despite my child’s learning challenges, he has made significant improvements.”
- “I feel closer than ever to my child.”
Early intervention is critical when children are struggling.
Getting help for your child now will facilitate needed healing and encourage their development and growth.
If you’re worried about your child, contact us for a brief phone call. We’ll let you know how we can support your child or teen to reach their full potential.
We offer in-person and video counselling.