Improve Your Parenting Skills, Boost Your Confidence as a Parent and Create More Harmony in Your Family
Our Port Moody Parent and Family Counsellors Offer Guidance and Reassurance to Reduce Your Stress and Help You Become an Even Better Parent
To say that parenting is challenging is a HUGE understatement.
And, if you have a child who has learning difficulties, is gifted or has sensorimotor challenges, it can be even more complicated.
You’re trying your best to be a good parent, but sometimes you feel like an imposter.
You struggle to connect to your child or teen and can’t figure out how to help them solve their problems.
You worry that your parenting might have a negative impact on your child and family.
Reading books and online resources can help, but the information sometimes seems contradictory and confusing!
You want to be the best parent you can be so your child grows up healthy, confident and secure.
Our therapists can help.
As a parent, you or your family may be struggling in some of these areas:
- “I feel helpless because I don’t know what to do about my child who is struggling with his peers.”
- “I’m at a loss about the best way to deal with my teenager who doesn’t listen to anything I say.”
- “I need help parenting my child who has learning challenges, is gifted, or struggles with sensorimotor difficulties.”
- “What does my child need from me during our separation and divorce?”
- “I get so frustrated with my teen that I’m yelling at her. I need help in controlling my emotions.”
- “My family is in constant conflict. I don’t know how to stop the fighting.”
- “My partner and I can’t agree with each other about how we parent our children.”
Our Therapists Provide the Specialized Help Parents and Families Need
Children and teens have powerful emotions. We help parents and families understand them and offer guidance in how to deal with them.
At deVries Counselling Group in Port Moody, our therapists work with the parents of the children and teens we see. We also work with all kinds of families.
Our experienced therapists teach parenting skills and support parents to be even more effective with their toddlers, children, teens and young adults.
We help families communicate more effectively and navigate life’s difficulties.
Many of our therapists are also parents, including parents of gifted, ADHD, sensorimotor challenged, and anxious children and teens. Therefore, we know firsthand how challenging family life can be.
My counsellor was an immense help, and I attribute our success as a family to deVries Counselling Group.
My counsellor helped us all express our feelings and never judged us, but thoughtfully found a way to take those feelings we were having and make us feel strong and normal. My counsellor is gentle, kind, and sincere. It was easy to trust her and feel safe. She has helped me be the best mom I can be, which I am most proud of.
– Aline V.
Here’s What Parents Say to Us About Our Parenting and Family Counselling:
- “I feel much more confident about how I’m parenting.”
- “My adolescent is calmer and listens much better.”
- “I now have productive ways to handle my frustration and anger, so I’m calmer and am not lashing out as much.”
- “I’ve been able to help my child deal with her emotions about our separation, and she’s been feeling and behaving better.”
- “My family life is much more peaceful. I can sleep easily again.”
- “My bond with my child has deepened.”
- “FINALLY, my partner and I agree on how to raise and discipline our children.”
No parent is perfect.
We’ll reassure you and validate the things you’re doing well with your child.
We’ll help you manage the problems you’re having and help you, your child and family get back on track.
If you want to know more about how we can help, contact us for a brief phone call.
We offer counseling sessions in our office in Port Moody as well as via video conference.