Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) #15934
deVries Counselling Group
Port Moody, BC
Education and Experience
Ray deVries has worked with individuals, families, and organizations for over 25 years. He offers counselling to people over 15 years of age.
- Masters of Counselling Psychology from UBC
- ADHD, Giftedness and Executive Skills Training in Children and Adults
- Critical Incident Stress Management from JIBC
- Emergency Management from JIBC
- Occupational Awareness Training: First Responders, Level 1 and 11
Ray has worked as a counsellor in a drug & alcohol centre, a high school, and in post-secondary institutions. In addition to his private counselling practice, he currently works at British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), where he has been for nearly 20 years.
Ray specializes in:
- Relationships and communication
- Anxiety, stress and trauma
- Career counselling & transitions (career changes, separation, aging)
- ADHD in adults and families
Ray is highly compassionate, authentic, and supportive of his counselling clients.
He has a great sense of humor, which his clients appreciate when doing the challenging work of personal growth.
Ray is conscientious and willing to go the extra mile. He loves depth, meaning, and truth and enjoys walking alongside his clients on their paths of gaining greater self-knowledge, clarity and refinement of themselves.
Ray’s passion is to help people move from a place of struggle to a place of calmness and clarity.
Through timeline and family of origin exploration, Ray helps people understand themselves and their patterned behaviours to catalyze change.
In his work, Ray uses a combination of teaching, play, and psychotherapy approaches that focus on the link between the mind and body.
Ray knows what it’s like to feel different.
Being an artist, Ray enjoys working with words and stories, as well as wood and construction materials. He also likes making music and doing improvisation.
Ray is happily married with two children.